Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have completely replaced the need to watch cable television (TV) for me, and I know that the situation applies to many in our audience.
And while the continuously growing stream of video exists to delight millions like me, there is also the obvious pocket-crunch that comes with the territory. Netflix and Prime Video are both paid services, and put together, they can strike up quite the bill! (Amazon Prime’s subscription costs Rs 999 per year, and the basic plan of Netflix starts at Rs 500 per month)
Fortunately, as I have recently discovered thanks to the MyAirtel app and a list of available integrated plans, it is possible for Airtel and Vodafone users to enjoy both Netflix and Amazon Prime for free, by selecting corresponding plans and recharges from their telecom provider. I’m listing these below, for quick reference.
Netflix and Amazon Prime Plans for Airtel Users
- Airtel Rs 399: Airtel India offers one whole year’s worth of Prime Video subscription, in addition to unlimited calling benefits, free roaming, and 40GB of 4G data that can roll over. Airtel TV subscription for a month is also included in a single billing cycle.
- Airtel Rs 499: This plan by Airtel includes both Prime Video and Netflix subscriptions. At Rs 499, Airtel is offering 3 months of Netflix and 1 year of Prime Video access, coupled with 75GB of 4G data with roll-over provisions, unlimited local and STD calling, free roaming, an Airtel TV subscription, and a handset protection plan.
- Airtel Rs 649: At Rs 649, Airtel India is putting up unlimited calling and 90 GB of 3G/4G data per month. This subscription plan also includes Prime Video for a year, Netflix for 3 months, and a free add-on connection with unlimited calling.
- Airtel Rs 799: This plan offers a complete year of Prime Video, and three months of Netflix. The data benefits include up to 100GB of 3G/4G data.
- Airtel Rs 1199: This plan also offers 1 year of Prime Video and three months of Netflix, but at a higher cost that includes additional data benefits and add-on connection benefits.
Netflix and Amazon Prime Plans for Vodafone Users
- Vodafone Rs 399: At Rs 399, Vodafone offers 40GB of data that can roll over, supplemented with unlimited local and STD calls, free national roaming, and one year’s subscription to Prime Video.
- Vodafone Rs 499: At Rs 499, Vodafone is giving away 75GB of data with rollover provisions, unlimited local and STD calls, free national roaming, “mobile shield” (handset protection), and one year’s subscription to Prime Video.
- Vodafone Rs 999: At nearly a thousand bucks, Vodafone is bumping up the game with two months’ worth of subscription to Netflix and one year of Prime Video along with 100GB data and 50 ISD minutes.
- Vodafone Rs 1299: This is a premium plan that offers 2 months of Netflix and one year of Prime Video, coupled with 125 GB of data and 100 ISD minutes.
- Vodafone Rs 1999: This is a rather expensive plan from Vodafone that gets you three months of Netflix watch-time, and one year of Prime Video, boosted with 200GB of data and 200 ISD minutes.
- Vodafone Rs 2999: Undoubtedly a killer plan, this is also the most expensive one listed. At Rs 2999 per month with Vodafone, you will receive one full year’s subscription to both Netflix and Prime Video.
Please note that the prices mentioned here will give you access only to the Netflix basic plan, and if you wish to opt for any of Netflix’s available premium plans, the pricing will be significantly higher. The cost for Amazon Prime Video remains the same (standardized).
Source of information and pricing: India Today