IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 – An Overview
Annually, the IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) organizes the recruitment of IBPS clerical cadre across multiple public sector banks. IBPS laid the foundation for a Common Written Examination (CWE) in 2011 to screen and hire officers and clerks for public sector banking institutions. IBPS accepts online applications through its official website, for students to register for the test. It will be held at multiple venues across India, and the mode of the examination remains online. In 2018, the IBPS CWE-VII Clerk Pre-Exam will be held on 8th, 09th, 15th and 16th December 2018. The IBPS Clerk Main Examination will be held on 20th January 2018.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 – Important Dates
- Online applications will start from 18th September 2018
- The last date to apply online, is 10th October 2018
- Admit cards will be available on the website throughout November 2018
- The online preliminary exam will be conducted across 08th, 09th, 15th, and 16th December 2018
- The results of the online preliminary exams will be declared in December 2018/ January 2019
- Call letters for the main online exam will be available for download in January 2019
- The main online examination will be held on 20th January 2019
- The final results will be declared on 1st April 2019
The IBPS has outlined the following educational qualifications to be a prerequisite for all candidates appearing in the IBPS Clerk Exam 2018.
- Graduation Degree from a University recognized by the Government of India : All candidates must possess a valid mark-sheet or degree certificate that proves they were graduates on the day they registered for the exam. The percentage of marks scored in graduation also needs to be mentioned accurately.
- Computer Literacy: All candidates must possess a functional knowledge of using computers, since the exam will be conducted online.
- Language Proficiency: All candidates must possess excellent verbal and written fluency of the native official language (language of the respective state or union territory).
- Age: The candidate should be aged a minimum of 20 years old and a maximum of 28 years old, as of 01-Sep-2018.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2018 – Nationality and Citizenship of candidates
It is imperative for all candidates applying for the IBPS CWE/Bank Clerk Examination 2018 to be at least one of the following:
1. Natural citizen of India
2. A subject of the nations of Nepal or Bhutan
3. A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India prior to 1st January 1962, with the intent to settle permanently in India
4. A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intent to settle permanently in India
It is important to note that all candidates belonging to the categories 2, 3, and 4 need to produce and submit a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India certifying their claims.